Thursday 16 August 2018

Teachers Strike

15/8/18 Almost 30,000 school teachers and principals were striking around NZ. It was the first time in 24 years and 1479 schools were closed. A lot of teachers were trying to get attention for better pay.

The problem is that over the years less and less people are deciding to become teachers because they don’t get enough pay and there are more and more kids being born. That means that the ratio of kids to a teacher is growing and the classrooms are getting too full. Not only is it unfair for teachers but also for students, having a class with 60 people would be a nightmare!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! I am looking forward to reading your quality comment! Try and follow these steps when commenting please:

1. Introduce yourself.
2. Give me some positive feedback on my post - but be specific.
3. Think about something I could do to improve my post - but be specific.
4. Leave your blog address so I can give you some feedback too!

Thanks
Natasha